There are monster bucks in 5 and 6. You just have to find a friendly farmer to let you on his property. There are not many left. You may have to look for a guide who has access to those zones. If you want public ground I would suggest you look in Van Buren county and any county on either side. There are some hidden parks and public hunting in the southern portion of Iowa. The whole area is somewhat old school. It's my under standing that there are NO traffic lights in Van Buren county if that tells you anything about the area. Less that 20 miles away is the town of Cantril. They have a general store run by the Mennonites. It's the closest thing to a Sam's club in the area.

Give a call to Troublesome Creek Outfitters in Keosauqua and ask them about public hunting or guides that would work with you. Just agree to stop in and buy some ammo or pick up some fishing supplies. He is old school and does not have email or the internet. 319 293 3848. He has some black powder stuff if you bring a muzzle loader. Just next door is a little restaurant that makes the best damn malted milks you ever had and are open for breakfast at 6:00 a.m. There is a county park and a State park just outside of town if you have a camper. https://villagesofvanburen.com/directory.html?item=1438

I see you are from Pennsylvania. The area is similar to some of the remote areas of Pennsylvania and it is one of the oldest settlement areas in the State of Iowa. The river towns along the Des Moines river really show their age and there are limited locations for long stays. Fairfield is 35 miles away and has hotels. Otherwise you can go to Burlington another 35 miles away for hotels.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 06/05/21.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.