Asking for opinions on 24 hcf can be dangerous, but here it goes. My daughter will be turning 10 this fall and is pretty average size for her age. She does some things right handed and others left handed, but seems to be left eye dominant. Over the last 2 years she has shot 2 does shooting left handed with my model Seven 223 with a youth stock. I have tried to have her shoot right handed, but she tells me she prefers left handed. I want to make it as easy as possible on her so trying to convert her is out of the question. Even though she tells me she is just fine with the rifle she has been using, I can’t help but want to buy her something left handed. She has never worked the bolt on my 223, basically used it as a single shot, but as she gets more experienced with shooting I’m expecting that working a left handed rifle would seem more natural. Also, we hunt out of blinds and getting the deer within 100 yards usually isn’t a problem. I know that a 223 is sufficient in that range, but I can’t help but want to move her to something bigger if I buy a different rifle. She shoots off of a Bog Pod death grip that I think will help absorb any additional recoil within reason. Of course, finding left hand youth rifles can be a little tough, but cost really isn’t a factor in my decision. Here are the options I’ve come up with.

1. Leave we’ll enough alone and do nothing. This would work but then I don’t get to buy anything new.

2. Buy left handed bolt gun in 223

3. Buy left handed bolt gun in 243

4. Buy left handed AR-15 in 6.5 Grendel or 6.8 SPC. I’m a little nervous about brass bouncing off the wall of the blind. One hot brass down the collar and she’d be done.

Right now I’m leaning toward a left hand Savage storm with accustock in 243. What say you lefties or parents of lefties??

Last edited by crc1514; 06/06/21.