Regarding the floor plate: I assume it's the same floor plate (bottom metal) as on the BDL? With the demise of Remington, and the new RemArms not yet producing the 700 or parts, the availability of OEM Remington bottom metal has dried up. You might be able to find some bottom metal on the used market. But I think new bottom metal has been all bought up.

The "blued" BDL bottom metal is just painted cast aluminum. You can always sand the scratches and repaint.

There are makers of aftermarket bottom metal out there, some of it better than the OEM bottom metal. I have two 700 BDL long actions and bought Sunny Hill bottom metal. Quality wise, it's far and away superior to the bottom metal that came on the rifle. It's steel, blued, well finished, and IMO has a better closure locking system than the OEM part. The issue is that it looks a bit different than the OEM bottom metal, and seats a little deeper in the stock relief. But it is a direct drop in replacement. You have to use the spring and follower out of the OEM part in your rifle. Weight difference between the OEM and the steel bottom metal is negligible.

I have a review of this bottom metal on Brownells with some pictures.

VERY NICE, WITH SOME ISSUES TO CONSIDER
I bought two of these to replace the stock cast aluminum bottom metal on my two 700 BDLs (.30-06 and .270). These are exceptionally well made and finished. And they work well. But there are some issues (not bad) that should be considered. 1) The trigger bow does not match the bow on the stock bottom metal. So it will alter the look of the rifle a bit. The bow on these Sunny Hills is a bit shallower, not quite like the bow on the stock piece that seems to be designed to accommodate a gloved finger. 2) The edges of the bow are sharp. The edge isn't beveled so it can be a bit rough on the finger. 3) The portions of the bottom metal where the screws go through are a bit thinner than the stock bottom metal. You may need to use shims (included) to make sure you screws don't protrude too far up into your action. Other than these issues, which are neutral, it is an exceptional product. I've added some pics, one comparing the stock bottom metal to the Sunny Hill bottom metal so you can see the trigger bow shape differences.

Sunny Hill top, OEM bottom
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sunny Hill

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...0.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=SUNNY%2bHILL .

I notice now that I pull up the link that this bottom metal is $200. It was $175 last year when I bought it. Back then, $175 wasn't a whole lot more than OEM bottom metal.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 06/10/21.