Regarding the scopes, I just bought some of the new Leupold VX-3HD scopes for a couple of Browning X-Bolt Composite Stalkers I have. I put a 2.5-8 x 36 on my .30-06 and a 3.5-10 x 40 on my .270. Both are very fine scopes and I really like them. (I need to start shooting with glasses as you can see I have the eye pieces backed up a lot to focus to my eyes.) But there's almost no noticeable difference between the two in terms of magnification. I hardly ever go to max magnification on any of my scopes and keep the 36mm pre-set to 4X and the 40mm pre-set to 6X. The 36mm scope is a bit shorter than the 40mm, and I suppose it weighs less.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

In terms of a scope in high gloss, good luck. Not sure gloss scopes are made by anyone anymore. I do know that some dealers sell cerakoted Leupold (and other brands) scopes, some in gloss black. These aren't cerakoted by Leupold (but are professionally done by some company) , but I understand it doesn't affect the Leupold warranty if it doesn't touch the lenses or affect adjustment. They look pretty good but not quite the same as a true gloss scope. There's a seller out there that sells "vintage" refurbished scopes, many of which are gloss, if you can find one you like in stock.