Originally Posted by norm99
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Just to be clear- gravel does not occur in nature. It by definition requires handling, some sort of process-ees. It must be crushed, cleaned, sorted, sifted, or washed to be gravel, otherwise it's rocks.

Or cobble. Could be cobble I suppose.

I must disagree with that, in nature there is a process that creates gravels , its called WATER , either fast flowing or in solid form crushing, rolling , grinding, creating huge or small deposits of well graded gravel , some called glacial moranes, or gravel beds or spawning beds for fish bearing streams,, need i go on in your education about man processed gravel products, because there are probably thousands of named products around the globe.

norm your teacher and mentor-----smile

Thank you Norm.

I was going to post similar, but after losing my title as the Smartest Man on the Campfire, I have no desire to share what little knowledge I have anymore.

PS, we call that angular stuff that's made from crushing rocks......................gravel.................but the proper term is.................

crushed rock. smirk

Last edited by Valsdad; 06/12/21.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?