Originally Posted by CCCC
Maybe too much info detail here.

I DO love that decomposed granite for lots of things, but has become difficult to find out this way. A pain. There is a bunch of pea gravel just sitting mounded up at an abandoned digging/crushing place across the way - would like to find a way to get a couple of loads of that.

The only "rounded" rock i was able to find up in NM was nature washed - they call it river rock - managed to get some mixed size in 20 yard loads - proved to be excellent for driveways. Came straight from a road building job site - from the river bottom to the excavator bucket to the belly dump, to our place. Never could find it sized.

Not so sure about the efficacy of that filter cloth - at least out this way. PO did that a bit here - years later there is black cloth working it way up through the original gravel driveway.

[[Lately, have used crushed Coronado Brown (1 inch) for covering new areas here. So far, so good, but summer rains will be the test.
]]

thats what i mean about 1000 names, different rock , different color, as to decomposed granite, i just call it rotten rock and like it because its easy to dig out of the bank. Another is crushed shale ,nice to work with.

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky