Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I can't imagine having to buy fuel with cash. I don't care to go into most convenience stores and I hate to leave my vehicle unattended outside of one.

When I was growing up, most paid cash for gas, but here's how it went. You drove up to the pump. The man in a uniform came to your window and asked what you'd like. He fills up your tank with what you asked for, checks your oil and cleans your windshields while it's pumping, then tells you the amount. You hand him cash, and he takes a wad of bills out of his pocket and gives you change from it, and clicks out the coins needed from a device on his belt, then wishes you a good day. Typically, you'd give him a tip at this point, then drive off.

You forgot the part about where, after clicking out the correct amount in coins, he (genuflection inserted at this point) counted back your change.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.