Have seen some in the past , early 60’s fury my dad bought at
A local junkyard , was an unmarked ex police car , 383 with dual point distributor, don’t recall carb manufacture, but a four barrel , three on the tree .
Had a hell of a top end , well past 120mph .
I had a 55 Ford short bed step side , , cow shiit brown with white painted rims and mud grips in the back , 289 high performance with a 500 cfm Holley two barrel , don’t know why but from stop light to stop light MFer was quick , left a lot of people scratching their heads , bought it like that .
Cousins boyfriend bought a 61 , I think it was , one owner Chevy impala off an old woman , turns out it was a 327-300 , three on the column , he was the neighborhood nerd till he got that car and started shutting down the joe cools in the neighborhood .
The guy I bought the 55 from had a plain Jane looking 66 Ford with a 460 Lincoln motor built with some crazy horse power and later added nitro, nothing was ever enough for him .
Why he chose a pickup for this power plant was beyond me .
Did nothing to the suspension , it was a scary ride , running 90 mph , drop that autotrans into 2nd , hit the nitro and light the tires up , shift to drive, speed ometor buried so far you couldn’t see the needle at the pivot , truck floating all over the road .
One ride was enough , stock truck wasn’t made for that kind of speed .
Kenneth