Originally Posted by Tyrone
It's more precise than a FAL smile

Ha ha.. Good one buddy. My airbore ranger buddy says the same thing. Steve, is that you? He has a bad azzed FAL and M1a that damn near shoots as good as his AR10, but he admits the AR platform produces better accuracy. In a recent AR shoot, it wasn't much of a match against some a holes 6.5 cm AR10 performance center.. It was almost as good as last year: some yay hoos from some bigger clubs in the Portland/Vancouver area came and wanted to impress us with some "speed shoots". I guess they didn't like our slow course of fire and proposed we shoot one of their shoots. To them 10 shots in 60 seconds was fast, or what they called a "speed shoot". Being the A hole that I am, I said that is not a "speed shoot". If you guys want a speed shoot, lets do 10 shots in 10 seconds. You are only scored for the bullets that hit the target in the time allotted. They were frazzled. Most were only able to get 7-8 shots on target and boy let me tell you what a joke for scores. Besides the fact they were only going to get 70 or 80 points IF they even hit the 10 ring. Needless to say, they did not even hit the 10 ring. Talk about hurt feelers. The 10 ring, as you know, is a pretty big target... Back to the OP, I know there are guys that don't like the 6.5 creedmoor, but they also need to face the facts that it has an edge over the 308 in terms of accuracy and even terminal ballistics (the further you get out there). As for a factory off the shelf rifle, I'd bet money that similar rifles chambered in 308win and 6.5cm, the cm is going to place hits closer together on the target. At least that is what I've seen. Also keeping in mind that when we shoot comps, its 10-20 shots for score.. None of this 3 shot group bullchidt.. As we know, anyone can get lucky every once in a while when it comes to 3 shot groups:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA