Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by rbutcher
No doubt the 308 is effective against game, and it totally makes sense if one has stockpiled thousands of 308 ammo.... I'm just trying to figure out what the 308 gets me that a 6.5 in the same barrel length doesn't have. Other than ammo
and barrel life.

Ammo is kind of a big deal. To me anyways.

If the Creed was as deeply entrenched in the military market, LE market, and hunting market, with equal or better ammo production, supply, and cost, then I would give the Creed the nod. But it isn't.

The other thing with me, I'm all tooled up for 308 Win, have been for many years. While the Creed has undeniable long range advantages, it's not enough of a difference to make me want to re-tool, re equip for it. My 308 LR load is a 208 Amax at 2600 fps. It shoots good well past 1000 yards.

I'll happily use the 308 for the forseeable future...….since my age starts with a 6, who knows how much longer that might be......grin

Just for $hitz-n-gigglz,

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1800 yard target rockpile, Ruger 223 rifle in there for scale.

Shooting the 215gr Berger to 1800 yards....the 208 Amax des the same thing.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of speeds are you sending the 215 berger out of a 308? If I misread and you're shooting it out of something with more case capacity, disregard.