Originally Posted by shaman
Actual "Bourbon" probably comes from an area of Kentucky between Limestone (now Maysville) and Louisville and points south whose flowage empties into the Ohio River, or the old Virginia county of Bourbon which encompasses about 37 counties in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. It became a much-coveted whiskey due to the particular qualities of the limestone in the area and the water that flowed from its aquifers. The way it got its name was from "Old Bourbon" being stamped on the oak casks that shipped out of the region, being sent to New Orleans.

I'm not throwing shade on anyone's whiskey, but the true Bourbon comes only from Kentucky and there are some fantastic distillery tours. I would center my attention between Lousiville and Lexington, Kentucky.

https://kybourbontrail.com/map/

South of the Ohio River, the settlers took their surplus corn and distilled it so they could sell it. North of the Ohio, the settlers fed surplus corn to hogs and then marched them to places like CIncinnati. I could point you in the right direction, if you're interested, but most folks like the idea of a Bourbon Tour-- pork tours don't sell nearly as well.

Is that a statement of how you feel about it, or a statement of fact?

In the first case, fine. In the second case, you are in error.