Originally Posted by leemar28
Be better off hunting up some good shine....

I know a bend in the road on RT 92 south of Somerset KY. . .

BTW: I don't hold Bourbon on a pedestal any more than I hold Kentucky Bourbon on a pedestal. I used to have to visit a big Jim Beam warehouse in Louisville that my employer operated for them. We got frozen out of the deal when the Frogs sold out to the Japs (or was it vice-versa?) and I ended up getting laid off.

At one time, I researched this as a gag. I don't mean to say anyone is really doing this wink for real.

Let's say you're an entrepreneur operating out of Northern Kentucky. You contact a certain large distillery and ask for their catalog. It prints out to many dozens of pages. You finally pick your formula (using a dart board) and order #1013 -- Desc: Corn Formula #3. It comes to your garage in a tanker truck. You unload it into your Stainless steel vat recently purchased from the set of Breaking Bad. You then cut it with purified water from the Ohio River, a bit if carmel coloring, and the maximum legally allowable amount of pasteurized goat urine and then send it through a charcoal filter before bottling it.

The bottles are then shipped to a facility in Hebron, Kentucky where a beautiful and elaborate full-color sleeve is shrink-wrapped onto the bottle. You can't miss the place-- it's right at the end of one of the runways at CVG. The label reads "Old Goat Piss Kentucky Bourbon, bottled in Boone County, KY Charcoal Filtered" It shows a very realistic portrait of Daniel Boone sodomizing a goat.

You have just made real Kentucky Bourbon, at least by legal standards. I'm skipping over the finer points here, but the point is we've got all these little places around on the south side of the river and they all feed off the same catalog. Some of them are just "value added," meaning they take what comes off the truck and do something to it before sticking it in a bottle. Others don't even do that. They just have a label that says, "Bottled in Kentucky." My company ran that warehouse in KY and also runs one of the world's largest shrink-wrapping facilities. We did liquor, beer, and most all of P&G's liquid soap products. Their marketing had started to cater to small-batch distilleries and breweries.

If y'all are interested, I could look into us doing a small batch and calling it "24 Hour Campfire"

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer