With a thread about scales running concurrently, I figured it would be interesting to see what the gang is using in the way of measures. What tools/methods are y'all using to get the powder from the jug into the cartridge cases?

I've used a bunch of measures in my life but I'm happy to skate through my Golden Years (which suck, by the way) using but two. The main one, used primarily at the bench at home, is an ancient Belding&Mull. It is very very consistent and handles all but the coarsest grain powders with aplomb. Even with small charges of small-flaked pistol powders it is a dandy. The downside is its crude adjustment of the drop tube, but once set (with the aid of an equally old 10-10 scale) it stays set and because of its unique sliding powder chamber which stays consistently filled as the powder level drops in the hopper, charges are guaranteed consistent. It's like an old friend I couldn't bear to be without.

The second one is a Harrell's measure. I opted for the Schuetzen model as I reckon to never use it for any higher weight charges than the 25 grains max it's rated for. It is without a doubt the finest swing arm measure I've ever used, in terms of accuracy/consistency and a very subjective "feel" which is hard to verbalize. I use it for pistol charges up through charges of fast-ish powders for the cast bullet .22/.25/.30/.32 shooting I do (said charges hover in the 12-20 grain range typically). Where it shines over the Belding&Mull is in its micrometer-adjusted repeatability - make note of the micrometer setting of the powder drum and I'll guarantee you it'll throw a charge on the money when you revisit that powder/charge six months later. I also like it for outdoor use at the range - I sat and worked out the settings for different powder charges with it at home and then take it to the range when doing experimental work, obviating the effects of wind/weather on the powder dispensing protocols. It really shines in regard to using it for breech seating cast bullets wherein a bullet is seated straight into the rifling ahead of a charged case, said case used over and over countless times without resizing by merely de-and re-capping and then throwing a measure of powder into it. After I got this measure I wondered howinhell I had ever got along without it.

Note, my requirements are fairly simple as I don't employ progressive loading machines - at the home loading bench cases are prepped and lined up in blocks wherein they're filled individually and powder levels in them are checked with a flashlight for safety peace of mind, even "high volume" pistol projects which for me are batches of a couple hundred .38's or .45's. My choice of measures and scales suits me just fine for that.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty