I wanted to show you where the graphite goes on my Auto Disk. The break in period was reduced with some crocus cloth and graphite. I did this in the dim times before electricity and running water. smile

I completely cleaned the Auto Disk when I got it home. After cleaning, I polished the disks and the metal surface that the disk rides on. I do not remember what grit the crocus cloth was, but it was very fine. I applied the graphite and dumped in some powder to work it through the measure.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You can see where the graphite was applied to the base of the measure. Smoothing this surface, and the disks, then applying the graphite helped immeasurably getting the powder to dispense uniformly from the get go.

.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This isn't the greatest picture, but the graphite was applied to both sides of all the disks. Working powder through the measure helped get graphite onto the areas inside the measure. The arrow shows the side of the disk where I did not get any graphite. I only use this measure for handguns and it is over 30 years old. Touch wood, it still works fine.

30 minutes of work after getting it, and occasional touch ups throughout the years.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]