Unfortunately I don't have first hand experience with the Outdoorsmans but I hear they are really good. The frames are short, which is great for hunting but not so good for hauling since it makes the load lifters just about useless. Still, I'll bet they're super usable packs and would not be a bad choice.

Barney's are top notch for hauling meat. Have used on and loved it. A Kelty Cache Hauler may be considered slumming it, but it's not a bad way to go if you're wanting an external frame and have a limited budget. IMO Cabela's frame packs have dropped several notches in terms of quality and Kelty is the only game in town for cheapo external frames. They can still be bought through Sportsmans Warehouse, usually for $100ish if you wait for a sale.

I used to be an old-school external guy all the way, until I switched to a Seek Outside Revolution. I previously considered Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, and Stone Glacier, but I was so impressed with Seek Outside that I never did try them beyond looking at them in the store or trying on ones that belonged to friends. It does not match a Barney's for huge, awkward loads, but it is a better choice for everything else.