I learned humility.
I used to be smug and secure in the fantasy that I had achieved some measure of skill in putting together budget bubba rifles...developing accurate loads for them...and shooting them with at least some degree of skill to demonstrate their hunting accuracy. I think the biggest blow to my fragile ego was to discover that I had never put together a rifle that would shoot 1/2" groups all day long. Not even if "I did my part", to the best of my limited ability. It explained why I was never drafted to the Palma Team at Camp Perry. Then, in near total despair, I started to wonder why? Why oh why can't I even begin to meet the Campfire standard of excellence? Then a friend from Alaska kindly provided the answer I was looking for...epiphany moment.
I was a window licking, clueless phuqing retard (hint). Now, it's like a sunrise opening the vista of a beautiful new day...and I am so content with my sub mediocracy. A great burden has been lifted from my troubled soul. Now I just hang around hoping some kind soul will cure me of my hard won racism.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.