My definition of a "workhorse" bullet is one that performs above it's pay grade. The original Remington Corelocked certainly did this, I am mixed on the currently produced CL as I have had one negative experience.

The Hornaday Interlock has been good in every caliber I have tried them in, about 8 so far. The Speer Hot Core is under rated and a good performer, The Fusion, Gold Dot, Federal Deep Curl, and other versions of the electro-plated bullets are very good being a low cost bonded bullet.

No flies on the Nosler Partition or the Barnes X and other mono bullets but I consider these premium bullets even if they are also work horses.

The Nosler BT is another good one and they shoot in just about every rifle I have tried them in.

I have had mixed results from Sierra's but some of this is from using target bullets on game or just the wrong bullet for the cartridge I was using (IE the 30 180 in a magnum case).

From Merrium-Webster: "something that is markedly useful, durable, or dependable" So this doesn't imply inexpensive, so virtually all of the premium bullets would apply.

Last edited by DBoston; 07/06/21.