Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Having run a ton of bullets over a Juenke comparator and then watched the results at the range there are a number of bullets I will not use. Core-Lokt are the worst, by far. On paper they show it, too. Sierra PH is a very good bullet. Cannot run monometals on the Juenke, but they shoot with the best.

This is also what I've found--though have had some batches of Hot-Cors that were almost as bad as Core-Lokts on the Juenke, and acted very similarly at the range.

Have used several brands of monometals, and so far all have shot extremely well with the right load combination. (Well, except for some early Barnes X-Bullets, but that was before Randy solved the copper-supply problem.)

For basic cup-an-core have had excellent results with Hornady Interlocks. (Actually, I had great results with Spire Points before they became Interlocks, probably because they had a harder core alloy than some other cup-and-cores.)

Nosler Ballistic Tips tend to provide the same sort of performance as Interlocks in the same weight/caliber, partly due to the heavier jacket. But have also gotten similar performance with recent Hornady SSTs, also with excellent accuracy.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck