thank you for your first hand input.

Where's PM Captain sparkle socks on this?

It is still hot as heck down here. Getting some lightning this morning in the mountains.

Be safe

Originally Posted by BC30cal
ribka;
Good morning sir, I hope it's cooler down in your area and July has been good to you so far.

Where does one begin to attempt to explain why some folks are so far left/gone that they no longer make any sense?

I will say this about that - the First Nations folks who gave statements on the first ones - which were in my immediate neighborhood by the way - were very well thought out and well articulated.

Edit to add; The fires were first on Penticton and Osoyoos Band land, then on Upper Similkameen and Lower Similkameen Band land. I live between the first two and just over the mountain from the second two. We have had business dealings and know people in all of them.

The Lower Similkameen Band Chief Keith Crow mentioned that many of the elders still worshiped at the burned church in his area, was on the fire fighting crew putting it out, and wasn't happy that the idiot who torched the church almost set the entire mountain behind it on fire either.

The Penticton Band Chief Greg Gabriel, who is a well educated and progressive fellow, similarly stated that while he understood some people's frustration with the church, that building on PIB land was also where many elders still met and worshiped and that it was a local landmark. He too gave a very balanced statement to the media.

In fact, even Grand Chief Stewart Philip, who I don't have much time for whatsoever personally, condemned it and again stated that it was a part of many members lives and beliefs so it should be left for them to decide.

To me, this is yet another example of non FN elected members trying to "out woke" each other and not paying attention to or caring one bit about the FN people involved. That's a pretty clear constant anyways - the not really caring part.

Hopefully some Canadians will begin to see these glaring discrepancies and stop electing people who are seemingly hell bent on tearing the country apart. They, that is to say all who want that, certainly were sleeping during the "cause and effect" classes in school. I cannot begin to understand how they do not see they will be among the first casualties of anything remotely sporty going down.

We've had it really good up here for perhaps too long a time ribka, maybe in a nutshell that's it? I'm not sure anymore of the root cause.

It was however a good question that needed to be asked and answered.

All the best.

Dwayne

Last edited by ribka; 07/07/21.