ribka;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope it's a tad less smoky for you folks and that you're getting a break from the heat too.

On one of the news feeds today it would appear that the originator of the "Burn it all down" tweet - Harsha Walia - who was the head of the BC Civil Liberties Group, has resigned.

https://vancouversun.com/news/head-...up-resigns-following-controversial-tweet

In the posted link, there is the requisite mention of her being targeted by misogyny and racism because she's female and not white. They don't go into how inflammatory rhetoric from people in positions of influence may encourage dangerous behavior from unstable individuals, nonetheless the backlash was apparently enough to cause them to "accept her resignation"

There have been, I will note, churches targeted like the Vietnamese and Filipino Alliance Church in Calgary which was torched, which had less than nothing to do with residential schools in Canada. The denomination is a relatively new one and the members are for the most part relatively recent immigrants.

While on some levels I detest cancel culture, I must admit that I believe there must be consequences for our actions in life and as such wish Harsha Walia all the best in her new endeavors, hopefully which do not include having influence over or speaking on behalf of anything or anyone other than herself.

Anyways, perhaps the "silent majority" is starting to have enough?

We will see I suppose.

All the best to you this weekend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"