Personally,I was never under any illusion that the Whizzum and it's ilk,were gonna trump existing H&H based hull's performance capabilities. In short,it CAN'T happen(at least not in the SAUM/WSM hulls).

Losing the belt is a positive IMHO,as well. I see belts in 95% of all it's applications as superflous. Extry parts that do nothing,interest me none.

The reason I'm sweet on the 7SAUM,is due to the platform mine is based upon. The S/S Seven is a sweet little thing and coupled with a 22" tube,it is most handy and of exceptional balance. That is a function of the rifle and not the cartridge(obviously).

However,to have a modest weight rifle that treads hot on the heels of the 7mmRemMag(a cartridge I have deep respect/appreciation for),is a very good thing IMHO. Hard for me to ignore the performance and it's packaging. It is simply a kick ass combo,for things that interest me.

The short/fat ilk aren't as good of vehicles for gents that dote on heavy-ish weight projectiles,as it is for sickos like me. I am much impressed with what these modest length chamberings offer.

Brass today is better than ever. Same goes barrels,bullets and propellants...........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."