One warning on the heavy duty type of tires from Toyo and Nitto. They have really stiff sidewalls. I value the M55 and EXO for resistance to punctures, but the sidewalls are really stiff due to their construction and they aren't good for airing down where you need a lot of floatation. I don't know if that is important to you, but something like a KO2 would be better for that use even though it seems like the sidewalls are more prone to punctures. And the KO2 is now becoming an old design and I wouldn't be surprised if BFG came out with something new.

For my Tundra, the EXO was a big improvement in terms of handling and cornering on pavement. The stiff sidewalls helped a lot. That said, I still saw a lot of cuts in the tread but I also ran them hard in 4WD with full throttle in gravel, rocks, and even in snow with chains. But no serious cuts or chunking like I saw with the M55 on a less powerful truck.

And when it comes to tires, for trucks or dirt bikes, it seem counterintuitive. Hard treads work well in mud and sand, as paddles, but can chunk on rocks. On rocks, softer treads get better grip and are actually less likely to chunk. Being able to deform and flex seems to help.

Last edited by 4th_point; 07/09/21.