I've talked to countless people in Eastern Oregon that will run nothing but M55. Ranching, logging, forest service, mining, etc. Mostly for puncture resistance. If not an an M55, then the Toyo M/T, but I also think that Les Schwab has cornered the market in some of the smaller towns, and their premium brand for light duty trucks is Toyo. For those that don't know, Les Schwab has a stranglehold on Toyo tires here, and has shops in small towns that other chains don't, but Discount Tire can get them delivered from their NV warehouse, and maybe others. They just aren't located in the smaller, more rural areas. I tried using 4WheelParts once, and they cancelled my order since they couldn't sell Toyos here.

Anyway, one of my friends is in a hunting club/organization with a bunch of Les Schwab higher ups. He told me about a "new M55" a few years ago. Turned out to be the new C/T. Seems like an improved M55. A bunch of those club guys apparently carry two M55 spares when they go out into the high desert, but some say the new Open Range is a good tire.

Never used the C/T or Open Range, but I see the later on a lot of rigs here. Sumitomo makes the Open Range, and I think they make the Falken as well. I'm not sure if the Open Range is a good tire, or good for the price. Or where they are made. Some of the Falkens are made in China, and some in Thailand.

Last edited by 4th_point; 07/12/21.