Love may be a stretch, though I do find advantages when I go to the range. Lot less shooters utilizing the public range. I have been away from shooting for a few years, largely due to a shooting accident, where I experienced a back fire for lack of a better term. Kind of left me gun shy frown

Well for Decades now I have really wanted a fast twist 6 PPC in a mini action bolt rifle. well now Hornady essentially legitimized this concept with the 6mm ARC. Ammo and firearms have been hard to come by. Then ammo hit the shelves for the 6mm ARC at a fairly reasonable price in todays market. Few locally were buying the 6mm ARC ammo due to lack of firearms.

I have been waiting on a Pacnor drop in barrel for a CZ 527 for 5 plus months now. Broke down and bought a Savage Axis II in 6mm ARC to play with and fire forming brass from 220 Russian. Our new shooting range is right on the edge of town and its popularity was very good for the first couple of years pre-covid. Then the ammo shortage hit shortly after the presidential election. Shooting range use dropped off as ammo price and availability pretty much sucked the life out of the use of the shooting range.

Well I was, am sitting well on reloading supplies & managed to pick up an fair assortment of 6mm bullets and 220 Russian brass. Well I find when go to the range to fire-form brass
I have nearly no one joining me most days. Have to say I find the range way more pleasant without having the guy next to me who is shooting his 16" barreled AR with the flash suppressor nearly blowing out of my shooting position.

Yea there is a side of me that does not look forward to things getting back to normal.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19