Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I mean it's got basically the same performance as an S550 Mustang GT. If you find it luxurious, I could see it but really I'd rather have the Ford. Way eiasier to get more performance (whether straight line or road course) out of it. And the top interior is pretty nice.
And, which aspects of "performance" are you citing - those on paper. I would venture to guess that you have never driven a DB, at least to any significant extent of performance- or - if by some miracle you have, you probably have never done the same with a factory S550 Mustang GT. Please give us those actual driver experienced performance comparison facts.

To the OP - never a DB9 - would love it, but not to happen. But, yes to much earlier model DBs and three other Brit types. The later the model - the more challenging to tune/diagnose/repair/work upon and pay for some components. If you really want that DB(. not an easy decision in my view.

There so many great car tests available it’s fairly easy to get an idea of how a car will perform.

In this case, a GT500 isn’t even necessary. A 5 year old GT350 crushed the OP’s DB9 lap time by 45 seconds at Nurburgring.
45 seconds is a freakin’ eternity.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”