This is not a story that I share with my family...

I found my dad at his house... Sitting naked on the floor at the foot of his bed after 3 days. Thank goodness it was cold out.

It was the last day of deer season, Sunday night. Dad was cooking soup on the stove and had the TV on and wood stove going strong.... I sat with him a few minuets catching up and chatting about nothing. He actually got a small buck that year, early in the season... so he was feeling pretty good. I would always stop in every few days and check in on Dad.

Later in the week.... I was going to stop by and check in on him on Wednesday but got busy... so, I stoped in to visit with him on Thursday night... as soon as I opened the door I knew something was bad, it was November... he heated his house with wood and it was always warm at dad's house... when I opened the door, the TV was on and it was cold in the house. I looked over to the stove and the batch of soup he was cooking Sunday night was still on the stove. I moved thru the house and found him sitting on the floor at the foot of his bead. He had pulled a blanket off the bead and wrapped himself up and seemed to be accepting of his situation.

After looking over the situation... I couldn't find his phone. And, I didn't have mine. So I had to go 4 miles back to my house to call the coroner. I was told by the operator that the coroner was in my area and was at a site where a man was killed in an accident and it would be a while before she could get over to my Dad's house. So I went back to Dad's place and waited with Dad. 4 hours later... 1030pm at night, a Sheriff squad pulled in followed by a plain van.

In them 4 hours I was waiting... I saw blood smeared on the floor on a pattern. I was able to put together what happened.

Some time on Sunday night, he turned off the soup. left the TV on... went to bed. Then, at some point he got up because something was wrong with his hart. He had one leg amputated at the knee some time ago and an open sore on the foot that he had left. In a panic he was looking for his phone and pulled out his sock drawer and pulled all the socks out looking for his phone... then crawled leaving blood streaks from his open sore on his foot, across the floor of his house out into the garage to the drivers door of his truck, either trying to get in his truck and drive to help, or he was looking to see if his phone was in the console of his truck. Not being able to get in his truck from his hands and knees, he crawled back into the house leaving streaks of blood from his foot on the floor back to the foot of his bead... too weak to get back up into bead... he pulled to blankets off the bead and wrapped him self up and died.

It sounds like a sad story of a man dyeing alone... but really, knowing my dad... he would be just fine with it. I don't expect it to be much different for me when I go,,, me and my dad have the same personality.

Cleaning out his house... I found his phone in his sock drawer... he just didn't dig far enough to find it.

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.