Originally Posted by T_O_M
A couple weeks ago I special ordered one of the new "classic" Model 17 / K-22 "masterpiece" guns and picked it up last week. I've only shot it a little but so far I'm not very impressed. I put about 25 rounds through it to get it sighted in. The SA pull is not smooth, it hops and skips along nicely, jerky and jumpy. Either the crown is off or the barrel is rotated 'cause the rear sight has to be visibly off center. Groups, with CCI mini-mag HPs, are around 1.5 to 2 inches at 25 yards from a rest.

I'm not sure what the plan is yet. It has not gotten off to a start that gives me optimism for eventual happy results.

Tom

Did you ever get it resolved?

My 17-9 had a tall ratchet on one chamber that I fixed, took a little while (you have to keep it square and go slow). It wouldn't cock on that chamber before I filed the offending ratchet a bit.

Seems like some of the Classics are not quite up to snuff action wise, the MIM parts are close to spec so they don't hand fit them as they once did. They use very heavy mainsprings in the 17 and 48 to eliminate misfires with .22 ammo but I generally leave them alone.