Originally Posted by DugE
Mr. Journeyman,

I don’t mean to be disagreeable. But I disagree with your disagreement.

I can see more with my Zeiss Victory HT, Meopta Meostar, etc than I could with a 56mm NF. Actually, my Optika6 was better in lowlight. Someone can turn dials as long as they want. I will see more in lowlight with a capped turret Zeiss HT than the best NF.

The simple point is I can see longer with better glass.

I appreciate your wanting to discredit me. But it isn’t sticking. I know what I said and why. One statement doesn't contradict the other.

IDK why some folks lay in the weeds for the express purpose of putting someone in their place or exposing what liars they are.

I’m an honest man who shared my honest opinion.

If you are truly that obtuse, I will bow out...and like Bobby Bare, you can be "The Winner."

For [bleep] Sake, I praised your report, said I fully agree with your assertion that folk's eye's differ...The ONLY umbrage I took was when you said that I can not see though a different scope what you can through yours... I disagree, because If I can see a deer with my Leica Ultravids, I can kill him with an NXS or a top end x42 scope..Period..Fact!

We bought our place in Alabama just at 5 years ago, and I've hunted three full seasons, killing my 9 bucks, as well as 18 does and 60+ hogs. Which is a fraction of my annual hunting. Hell, I've been stuck in Europe and Asia the last year because of the Covid just to hunt. Maybe I'm shorting myself in what I shoot in Alabama though, so do me a favor as a recent Alabama (part year) resident...post up some pics of those big bucks I need a 56mm scope for... And I'm being serious, because around where I bought there are 2 schools of thought, with no middle ground...You either need a 56mm Swaro or Zeiss, or you "only" need a frickin' Bushnell.

Again, I'm serious...I really want to take advantage of what there is to offer here... I'm a beginner at the way folks prefer to hunt here. But I'm also serious that I've had 20/15 vision most of my life and I can see to shoot well beyond legal hours both in the am and pm.... EXACTLY as YOU said...because our eyes differ...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...