Almost a year ago I was able to source a Stevens in a 243. I was looking for a long action to use as a base for a new Sweed build but I just could past up the deal.

Had Timney install a 3lb trigger.
I replaced the soft gray stock with a model 12 sourced from ebay.

Topped it with an EGW base and set of rings

Initially had a Nikon Bushmaster SFP scope and replaced it with Cabela's Convent FFP scope.

Had the stock bedded by a local Smith.

Shot both factory and reloads. Groups were small but stock was giving me issues so I had to make a decision; sell it and cut my losses or go full on.

I replaced the M12 bedded stock with a Woox Wildman chassis and Installed a Bolt Lift Kit. Waiting for my magazine to come in. Next up (not right away) is to replace the bolt body to take the slack out of the bolt and bolt handle. Replace the factory barrel with a Krieger and the barrel nut.

In the end, the only parts that will be stock will be the bolt head and all it's components; most of the components in the bolt body and the receiver.

I'm thinking my next build will start with an receiver from an action manufacturer like Defiance. I would still like to replace my Sweed as it is a great bench gun but I would never take it hunting. Maybe one of the newer calibers like 6.5 PRC or 6.8 Westerner? Maybe a 300 RUM? I don't know.

I just wrote a small review of the Woox stock.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/16271809/got-the-woox#Post16271809

Cheers

HaYen

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can