I suppose seeing Old Faithful is mandatory because of its iconic status. I was through there on a bicycle in 2019 and found it somewhat underwhelming. I ended up staying there long enough for three eruptions while waiting for some thunderstorms to pass and it did become more impressive after you witness the regularity of it. Other than that it was crowded and the food available in the local packed restaurant was absolutely horrible.

Likewise, maybe it’s just me but I wasn’t all that impressed with the other geysers, mudpots etc. What did impress me were the numerous hot springs around the shore of the lake, it really gets across that you are sitting on a giant hot stove.

Due to time constraints and lack of phone service to make arrangements I didn’t have the time to get up to the Lamar Valley, but my cousin and his wife were there some years back and saw wolves and a grizzly in a stand-off over a carcass.

Two days? I would suggest one day for a tour and another devoted to just spotting wildlife.

In 2019 though there were bars showing on my iPhone cell service was practically non existent, I was told due to demand vs towers available. Keep that in mind if you’re planning on making calls while away from the lodge.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744