Originally Posted by DocRocket

And you get your numbers from.... in your head? The back of your Cheerios box? Enlighten me.

Until you come up with some better numbers, you're whistling in the dark, Jack.

Because we are stuck with either working with the numbers that the epidemiologists are trying to put together, or sticking our heads in the sand and saying because we don't trust them we aren't going to make any decisions or take any actions. I guess that's an alternative some folks can live with. I can't.

Like the rest of my profession, we have been relying on CDC to give us data on infectious diseases for a long time. I've been reading their monographs and bulletins for 30+ years. I've come to believe they are more right than they are wrong. Apparently Worldometers thinks the same, as do a lot of epidemiologists around the world. But hey, what do they know.

There are inaccuracies in any data set. CDC is constantly revising its numbers because it's constantly re-analyzing incoming data to try to get a better handle on the reality of it. Same deal with the State departments of health. If there were truly any serious discrepancies in the reported CoV2 statistics, it would be apparent from inconsistences between state, regional, and national data. These numbers are scrutinized by all manner of scientists who study epidemics, most of whom do not work for .gov. If there was a serious problem, we would know about it.

But don't let that stop you from imagining vast left-wing conspiracies.

I'm not theorizing anything. I simply refuted your patently absurd statement that "this is not a CDC or WHO number."

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty