My folks had a couple station wagons while I was growing up. I distinctly remember the 57 Chev wagon we had. I was born in 53 and I think we bought that car in 58 and most of the family (of 10 of us) rode in it all the way back to North Dakota from Oregon for a family reunion twice while I was still pretty small.. I remember also these were the days when most people's trailer towing vehicle was the family sedan- including us... the end of the 57 was when my dad hit a deer with it on his way back from a deer hunting trip...

When I was in the army I bought a 72 Vega Kammback wagon... blew up the engine in it- which was a regular occurrence with those and stuffed a built 327 in it and terrorized myself and everyone else who rode in it... After I got married I had an 83 Malibu wagon with the fake woodgrain sides. Loved that car and it drove great the whole time I had it. Had a 350 with a Turbo 350 tranny in it and it handled better than most of the 60's hot rods I owned... hated to see it go, but it was about worn out by time I had it three or four years so it went down the road for something else I needed- a 72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4....

Right now station wagons are hot in the collector world and prices are going through the roof...

Bob

Last edited by Sheister; 07/26/21.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.