Diet Coke? Thirty five years back I had a summer job running transects through the East Texas woods looking for signs of endangered woodpeckers. By around five pm we’d be seriously dragging with 3hrs of daylight remaining. One of the crew would always bring along a case of Diet Coke, like liquid meth, a couple of cans of that and I’d be good for another three hours. Been using it as a caffeine fix ever since, cold or ambient temperature both..

During my motorcycle period on long trips I would have a 20oz bottle accessible in a saddle bag. While riding I’d flip up my helmet visor, reach back and grab the Diet Coke, unscrew the top, drink (head sideways so I could see the road), screw the cap back on and put it back. All with my left hand.

I usually have a bottle or two in the vehicle, but if it’s been in the trunk in the heat for too long you can tell some of the sweetener had morphed into formaldehyde.

Switched to Coke Zero ever since it came out, lately Cherry Coke Zero has been da bomb but it ain’t always available.

I’m not an addict I can quit any time 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744