Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by slumlord
We’ve been 3 days without rain

Three summers here... frown

Yeah, basically,

And not much moisture of any kind this past winter either.

Hey Bruce, I lost track of that thread. Did your campsite make it through the fire?

It has so far, but if that enormous Dixie Fire gets pushed east hard it could move the 15-20 miles east and meet up with the west edge of the Beckworth Complex burn, wiping us out. It's been a brutal fire season with the long drought and 17 solid days of triple digit temps. It could run well into November with the continued drought.

Just yesterday two couples and good friends of ours went back home to Topaz Ranch after evacuating last Thursday from the Tamarack fire. We went over with trucks and helped them evacuate to our place.

SIL just left the Dixie fire today after a long stint up there. Hoping it stops for you, but 2 more days of 100 won't help.

Son's Station is at the Tamarack fire, he'll probably be sent up there soon.

The Tamarack area is my summer camping area, I've been going there for 40+ years. Grover's hot springs, Markleeville I think got saved but not much else. Several of our favorite hiking spots got torched. From Raymond lake, wet meadows, The PCT and markleeville peak all got hammered from poor decisions of not putting out a few smoldering tree's before they ignited and spread near wet meadows. Sad