Originally Posted by battue
Tell me why, some of you think the Benalli is the best in a semi auto?

I’ve shot them, and found them to offer little over some others. Especially for clays.

Addition : Would Be interested in how many rounds you have shot out of your Benelli.

Know one guy here who has shot his more than a little, but curious about the rest of you.

M2 12 gauge is about the perfect weight for shotgun for me. They are really a simple design. They balance really well. I shoot them as well or better than anything else. I usually use mine for hunting and not dedicated clays but have used them for clays on occasion and probably have 20,000 rounds through Benelli shotguns.

I have a friend that was shooting leagues and registered shoots and tried several clays guns and about 15 years ago settled on a Benelli Super Sport, which I'm sure has at least 100,000 rounds through it now--probably a lot more. He had a stroke a few years ago and doesn't shoot as much because he now has no peripheral vision but still consistently shoots around 65-70% with that gun at Sporting Clays. Though because of the lack of vision on anything crossing, he often asks, "Did I hit that target?" "Yeah, you hit it."

I've been tempted to get a Super Sport like my friend's gun and use it for clays but they've gotten hard to find.