Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by AZmark
This book is not about game hunting but it is about whale hunting and the outdoors. The movie "In The Heart Of The Sea" , is about the true story and the man that inspired the novel "Moby Dick".

The book "In the Heart of the Sea" by Nathaniel Philbrick is the true account of the whale ramming the ship and the survivors that went through hell trying to make it home. I read it because I saw the movie and the book is much greater detail. It is real interesting and I'm not much of a reader also.

Heart of the Sea was a great book!

But the fact of the matter is that the entire world, will be reading Melville’s Moby Dick, for centuries. Because of the writing. The Prose. The perfection of it. Same way we still read and Study Shakespeare, or Nathaniel Hawthorne for another epic American writer. In the big scheme, and to date, Moby Dick will remain this countries most viable and appreciated single work above all others. Inter-continentally, across translations/borders/ spheres of politic and even comprehension. Even the Hemingway’s and Hawthornes or whomevers might not have written something that will ‘last” as long. Hard to explain. But if they’re still reading The old Greek [bleep] like the Iliad and The Odyssey a hundred years from now, I promise you Moby Dick will be on The List from the America’s.

Agreed. After seeing "In the Heart Of The Sea" and then reading the book, it inspired me to read Moby Dick for the first time in my 6th decade. It was a hard read but worth the time.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box