I killed a Utah black bear with a longbow in 2004. It was the most adrenalin rushed hunt I've ever had. The #52 bow zipped a cedar arrow and 2 blade Zwickey broadhead right through him at about 7 yards from a blind. The skull scored 20 2/16" after drying for the required 60 days and at the time it was the #7 all time archery kill bear in Utah. I knew then that I'd never get so lucky as to kill another bear anywhere near that big, so I haven't wanted to hunt bear again. One is enough, especially since he was so big. My taxidermist and the P&Y scorer both estimated his live weight at 500+ pounds and the taxidermist had to use a small grizzly bear form to do the full body mount. He shaved down the hump with a Sure Form rasp and filled in the dished face with Bondo. Wish I could figure out the photo thing on this website. I had it mounted in a full body, standing pose and it looks great. The "death rattle' can be a little unnerving, but it just added to the excitement of a successful hunt.