Some years back my then-wife and I were on our way back to Texas after New Years. Though no snow was forecast, on the Interstate south of Morgantown WV after dark we drove into a blizzard. In no time at all the highway lane markers were covered and you couldn’t see through the falling snow where the road was, didn’t dare stop either because you’d be hit from behind. I was driving blind, wife and dogs in the car.

At one point we were passed by hardly visible semi truck lights above us and to our right, we musta been out n the far left shoulder, the truck behind that one let us inch over and we fell in behind the first truck, his taillights barely visible.

Everyone was getting off at the next exit , so did we, spent the night in the car. Woke up to about eight inches of snow and 9 F.

I just drove that same stretch this summer in daylight, hills and curves, dunno how we stayed on the pavement.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744