Tent cabin on USFS trail crew, in a grove of big aspen and spruce. 10 days on/ 4 days off. Came back after weekend to find a big tree had come down through the middle of the tent.

"But that's OK", said the foreman. "Only Gary would have been killed outright." smile

Drawing down on a big moose, about to pull the trigger. His head was partially screened by some light alder leaves, his body completely obscured by the lower brush, so all I could see was one antler, an eye, and an ear. The 250 gr just left of the eye would not have been impeded at all.

Without a sound, a big- maybe 30 lb- cottonwood limb crashed to the ground beside me, less than a foot away.

I took that as a sign. (when I came down)..... and so did the bull, (before I came down). smile

Driving on 6" if glare ice in an F150, 10 foot of 2" steel pipe in the back. Lost control, into the ditch, sudden stop. The pipe popped up and came forward, taking out my driver's side mirror. The nape of my neck still crawls just thinking about it.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.