My 2022 Zimbabwe leopard hunt is less than one year out and is approaching fast. I expected it to drag by, but the weeks are going by surprisingly quick. I wanted to get some opinions and thoughts on the rifle and bullet combination I have decided to use for this once in a lifetime hunt.

I'm taking two rifles. A No.1 in 300h&h. The bullet is a 180g Interlock. The other rifle is a 700 in 308 with a 150g interlock.
Originally I had planned on using the No.1. It shoots very well with the above mentioned handload. However, I grew up on a 700 and no matter how much I shoot the No.1; I feel more confident in my ability with the 700 platform.. It also has a much better trigger and a better optic. That's not to say that the no. 1 isn't a fine rifle, the trigger is somewhat heavy but clean, and sports a 6x36 Leupold which I have no trouble making hits with out to 400. (Not that I'll be shooting that far on leopard). I have total confidence in the 300h&h and the 180g interlock at 2950 but should I decide to use the 308 instead, would you shy away from the 150 Interlock? A leopard is roughly the same weight and size as a whitetail, and the interlock is one of my favorite deer bullets and I think it should work just fine, but I'd like to hear what those that have been there and done that have to say about it. Thanks in advance. All opinions welcome.