Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Paul39
Interesting, but you could build a nice rifle for that price.

Requires left hand magazines, not compatible with standard 10/22 mags? WTF? Given that many of us have several magazines, that alone would likely be the deal killer for me. Then too, a variety of aftermarket components that would not work in the left side model.

Main market would seem to be lefties who want an accurate 10/22 out-of-the-box, not caring much about tinkering and modifying.

All that said, kudos to Ruger for once again going off the beaten path with an innovative new product, especially one for us lefties.

That magazine issue and lack of aftermarket parts, may be a damn thorn in their side. I'll just keep using my right handed 10-22. Never had an issue using a right handed one anyway.

I think Paul39 is right about the target market. There’s really little to nothing that needs upgrading or customizing. I don’t recall seeing another left-handed 10/22-like rifle out there from the clone-makers. Mags are all that anyone will need to buy, aside from optics. Now that the mags will be available, maybe Kidd or others will make left-hand rifles too. Pretty sure if it was possible to build them using the original mags Ruger would have saved themselves the trouble of the special ones. Hopefully they have extras available as soon as the rifles are, maybe some high-cap ones too. Shouldn’t be too hard in this CNC world to make mirror-image versions. I’d bet a dollar tmitch is right about RARs following close behind. Not sure about lower-grade 10/22s as the receivers on those are cast, not machined like the CSC.

Its excellent news pappy, but I'm wondering how many of us left handed shooters have used the right handed versions with great success. Like some have said, there's actually positives to using a right handed 10-22. Especially with a heavy target version that is really only going to be shot off the bench. The same can be said for a right handed bolt action. Keeping in mind that a left hander using a right handed bolt action off the bench, cannot be equaled in speed by a right hander using the same rifle off the bench.. Just the facts of life right there..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA