Pappy, let me get this straight, yours is left handed? I just handled one today. It was $700.00 at a LGS. Guys were asking about "street price", there it is in this neck of the woods. I could have been the first to have one, had I chose to buy it. I was very impressed by the build quality of this ruger. Damn nice and they incorporated some of the smart design features that bergara and the like have done, like integral picatinny mount, rear action screw (I believe), and the barrel is not like a regular ol hammer forged Ruger barrel. It was fluted and had a nice muzzle brake on it. I liked the stock and the adjustable cheek rest. If it were $100.00 cheaper, I would have probably bought it. However, I had just bought a Savage MKII FVT target rifle at the gunshop next door to that one... I think Ruger went above and beyond with this left handed competition model. Still, having the loading/ejection port on the right side has its positives for a left handed shooter. Just sayin..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA