Lotech, HunterShooter58 & Just a Hunter: I just returned from a 170 mile (round trip) journey to the gunshop where I bought the Hornady 55 grain V-Max ammo originally and alas they were now sold out of that ammo!
Oh well - I did well on firearms and scopes there - so that mitigated the fact that no more 220 Swift Hornady ammo was to be bought today.
I am still stunned at the accuracy results I got yesterday with this factory Hornady 220 Swift ammo.
I also am puzzled as to whether or not I need to even try to develop handloads for this Rifle at this time.
The 90 rounds I have left of the factory stuff should last me a while.
I am still puzzled how the Hornady folks can get such consistent neck tension and charge loads from their automated loading equipment.
Last night I decided NOT to clean the barrel of the new to me Remington 40-X and when I get some dead calm conditions I am going to try one more five shot group at 100 yards to make sure of the accuracy potential of this ammo with this Rifle.
If anyone comes across any Hornady 220 Swift 55 grain V-Max ammunition please give me a heads up.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy