Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
[quote=Hastings][quote=260Remguy][quote=irfubar][quote=260Remguy]You must have missed Eisenhower's warning regarding the military industrial complex?
I And what have we gained from the Spanish-American war until today by having our military outside the continental U.S.? What have we gained by owning Hawaii, the Philippines, Puerto Rico, and whatever islands? What interest did we have vs. the cost of going overseas to fight Europe's battles? Our involvement in World War 2 turned 1/2 the world over to communism.

I thought that the attack on U.S. Navy's Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor, TH, on 12/07/1941 was the primary cause for U.S. entry into WW2.

Is there any reason to believe that a Nazi victory in WW2 would have been a better outcome for the U.S.?

the Germans never would have conquered Russia......if we hadnt gotten involved more than likely the nazis and commies would have fought each other to a standstill , substantially weakening both régimes
going back further , if we hadnt gotten into WW1 , nazis or communists might never had existed at all
260Remguy: Why do you think Japan just up and mounted an attack on the huge USA? Reckon the Roosevelt administration goaded them with a blockade and embargo? By the way, Roosevelt fired Admiral James Otto Richardson for pointing out how reckless an idea it was to put our navy fleet out at Pearl Harbor. I can't see any upside that the USA gained by failing to follow George Washington's advice for us to stay out of the affairs of foreign countries. If we hadn't jumped on poor old Spain on a pretext then we wouldn't have owned the Philippines and therefore wouldn't have had as much reason to worry about Jap and Chinese issues. We have always had enough fish to fry on our side of both oceans without looking for more.

As to your question about a Nazi victory, how could that have been worse than a Soviet dominated Europe?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."