Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by gunner500
Longshot powder, bullets from 90gr Lehighs to 125gr Barnes, all sit on a mildly compressed powder charge, no set back issues, top velocity and accuracy.

I'm glad someone suggested Longshot powder. I just got back from the range a little while ago. Testing some loads with longshot and the 125gr HAP bullet. I'm not wanting to push it too hard, so I figured I'd stop just shy of 1,100 fps. I'm sure I could easily get to 1,150+ fps, but its a pretty accurate load as is.. Probably plenty good enough for the pin shoot coming up in 2 weeks.. 15 yard target, freehand:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You bet, it's good powder Buddy, good shooting too.

My buddy gave me a pound of longshot. I had to use it in something. Ha ha.. I'm sure I could step on the gas pedal a lot more, but I'm getting pretty good accuracy and poi is just where I want it for next saturday's pin shoot... Should be able to tear them up with that load, as is. I hope.. I was practicing the other day and 5 pins off the table in about 4 seconds with the CZ. Not nearly as fast as the 22lr (at 2.5 seconds), but those pins are set up at the back of the table and go off easier. The pins for the mid bore are at the middle of the table, so you have to hit them just right to get them all the way off with the first shot.. I'll probably use my CZ 9mm in the big bore event as well too. Its just a good shooting pistol and holds 19 rounds, so there's that too. Ha ha..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA