Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I recently vacationed in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Island. I posted about my experience. 87% Black. Really, really nice people, and I spent a lot of time off the resort strip.

It’s cultural, not racial.

I think so.

Comparing Africa....with all the interference they have submitted to...to say Wall Street is absurd.

How about Taiwan? Its basically a rock in the ocean that some capitalist Chinese people were driven to by the Chicoms. They built a manufacturing and economic power house from a rock well within 100 years.

I think the whole Bell Curve thing is pretty hard to argue with. But given the right economic system, you don't have to be anywhere near a genius to have a good life or even hit it big. So yes, its cultural. White people had the "protestant work ethic" thing going for them back in the day. Now not as much and its telling.

Black ghetto culture is a boat anchor around the neck of many of their people trying to swim out of poverty. Its a hindrance like nothing else. I saw it growing up in school in the case of intelligent black kids being shunned and in general treated badly by other black kids less gifted. That was going on 40 years ago. This was before rap, hiphop, and "gangsta" BS ever crawled out of the pits of hell.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn