Originally Posted by woodson
No I’m gonna see where things stand next year.

Good idea.

When I returned from Vietnam, in early 1968, the first thing I did was buy a '61 Cadillac convertible, for $750 cash. It was beautiful, I needed a car to get to work, and I had sold my '56 Chevy before shipping out, not wanting to leave loose ends in case I never made it back. Of course that took care of most of the money I'd saved from soldier's pay and mustering out. So when, shortly after that, I decided to buy a trailer boat, just for fun, I wound up using the easy financing that was readily available.

It was a 17' Larson with (I think) a 100 hp Mercury outboard. Though it now sounds like way too little $ IIRC I must have paid around $2,000 for the whole rig. I had no responsibilities to anyone else and honestly was willing to have some fun at any price--Hell!--I had just survived 13 months in combat! Devil may care. I was young and not thinking of investments or what made any sense.

Now, more than 5 decades later, I know better and hope you will too. Good luck.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg