On the agenda for the morrow.

I last mixed alloy about seven years ago. I made 100 lbs then which turned out with a BHN of 14-15 and I wasted the last twenty lbs of it making sinkers for the grandkids' catfish rigs.

I have a Camp Chef propane stove and a four quart dutch oven for batching(75 lb per batch), and a couple muffin tins which will make 2.5 lb ingots.

There is about three hundred lbs of mystery metal in the shed. I have Identified some of it, there's about 30# Bell Wiping Solder (40/60 Sn/Pb), and 7# nickle babbitt (91/9 Sn/Sb), 10# Antimonial lead which is 96/4 (Pb/Sb). I also have purchased ten pounds of 30/70 solder sticks (Sn/Pb), and 30# of Superhard (30/70 Sb/Pb).

The target is 250 lbs of uniform alloy consisting of 7%-8% tin, 4.5% to 5% antimony, 86%-87% lead with a BHN of 15 to 16.

The bullets should temper a bit harder when they go in the oven for powder coating.

We will see how my algebra stands up to the task. I have high hopes. There are three borrowed molds waiting for alloy. Bullets will be 140 TC-SWC for the 38 Super, and 150 gr and 200 gr HPs for the 10mm.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.