If you ever make it to Eastern Idaho I have a bunch of monotype. It's hard stuff and only has about 72% lead the rest being tin and antimony. I recently started casting again and have been mixing 1 pound of this to 4 pounds of wheel weights.

I'm not sure where that puts me hardness wise but it casts well and 340g 458's shoot well at 1600 fps from my guide gun powder coated with Ford light blue.

I bought about 1300 pounds of the monotype maybe 10 years ago from an old printing shop in Idaho Falls. Most of it is in 22# pigs but I've been using actual type scraps he hadn't remelted yet. I put 10 pounds ww alloy and 2.5 pounds of little bars of letters In my pot, Flux a few times, and it casts great.

I just did a bunch more lee 310g .430" 44 bullets the other night. I'm saving milk jugs full of water to test them in to see if they expand at all with this alloy. I'll try some in my 329pd at about 1050 fps which likely won't expand and then I'll see what they do out of my marlin 444p at maybe 1800fps or so. They get powder coat and then a copper check.

Bb