I started bow hunting in '69. The first really 'big' buck I had the opportunity to shoot at was in around 1977. A big ol' slough buck that wandered into my stand area one morning giving me a easy 20 yard shot. I let an arrow fly and it hit the buck in the left shoulder. Sounded like two 2x4's hitting each other. The buck bounded away with that arrow making little penetration, flopping up and down as he ran. Spent the rest of the morning and part of the afternoon trying to track, but no blood trail or body. I, in my 'buck fever' at having the opportunity to shoot at a really nice buck made a fateful error. I was looking at the whole deer, instead of a small spot. Aim small, miss small. Later that fall during the shotgun season, a guy shot him on the opposite side of the slough. A guy I knew told me the buck had a plus sign (+) scar on the left shoulder. Everyone raved that fall of the size and rack of that whitetail. Coulda' been me!!!! Shoulda' taken a couple aspirin that morning to prevent 'buck fever'! I thought I was a seasoned enough bow hunter that 'buck fever' wouldn't effect me, wrong!!!!!